Monday, March 29, 2010

Because the Mystery Can Never Be Extinguished

My friend Bill has been AWOL from church for months. We used to sit side by side at Adoration and exchange signs of peace at daily Mass. But Bill has been out of work since late 2008, and I'm afraid that he is disconsolate, home alone much of the time. Every so often, though, Bill sends me a sign that his love for The Mystery is not extinguished. Today he sent me a video.

You may have already seen this video of an "empty space" between galaxies taken from the Hubble Space Telescope. The caption says the clip was made last August, but the story it tells is some 13 billion lights years old. So I guess Bill's video is relatively up to date. And Bill's sending the video is reason to hope. Pray for him, won't you?

Check out the video here.