Thursday, October 6, 2011

To Pray for Rihanna and the Farmer


Rihanna showing too much skin? So says an Irish farmer. Around his neck of the woods he's known as "the Christian." Rihanna & Co. wanted to shoot a music video on his property, and he agreed until he saw how scantily clad she was. Here's the scoop,

A Christian farmer in Northern Ireland who allowed pop star Rihanna to film a music video in his wheat field, asked her to leave when he saw she was half naked.

Farmer Alan Graham also encouraged the global star – infamous for her risqué performances – to seek after God and his Son Jesus Christ.

He has been praised for showing a strength of belief that was once commonplace, and for standing up against “the sexualistion of society and our celebrity culture”.

Mr Graham said he has no ill will towards the singer, but he asked the film crew to stop shooting the video when things got out of hand.

“I thought it was inappropriate. I requested them to stop and they did,” he explained.

“I had my conversation with Rihanna and I hope she understands where I’m coming from. We shook hands,” he said.

Mr Graham confessed that he had never heard of Rihanna when he was first contacted about using his field for a music video.

He said: “I didn’t know who was coming. If the name ‘Rihanna’ had been mentioned, well, no disrespect but it wouldn’t have meant anything.”

He also said: “Everybody needs to be acquainted with God and to consider his son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and his death and Resurrection.”

Read the rest here. Only 23 years old, Rihanna has had a meteoric rise to fame. There are only 45 million fans on her Facebook page. She has also been abused by her high-profile boyfriend a few years back.

Offer up a prayer for her, so that Mr. Graham's chivalrous, and Christian, action helps her realize that she is a pawn of an industry (and culture) that seeks to profit off of turning her into an object. While you're at it, say a prayer for Mr. Graham too,

He has since been inundated with hate mail from her some of her fans - but despite the fuss, the farmer insists he's thinking about naming a grain in the superstar's honour.

Graham tells Britain's The Sun, "I'm taking it all in my stride, it'll soon die down. To be honest, all this fuss has kept me back a bit. I've got straw to harvest that I haven't been able to finish yet... Maybe I'll name a type of grain after her.

"I'd love to have her back. She was lovely and gracious when I spoke to her. Just as long as I know what she's wearing before the visit."

Good on you, mate!