Tuesday, May 25, 2010

YIMC Book Club Meeting Alert!

Mark your calendars YIMC Book Club members, because it's time for us to take up the runner-up in the poll which C.S. Lewis won last time. What, you had forgotten? No worries, I will keep you up to date. I'm talking about The Great Heresies by Hilaire Belloc.

Now, before you all mutiny and go whining about how it's summer-time and school is out etc.,etc., do me a favor. Save the complaining for another time. Sheesh, it's starting to sound like my household around here with all my children reminding me that school is over!  Adult lesson #1: School may be over, but life doesn't go on vacation.

Besides, didn't you see my post this morning? Reading this book will help you boost your number. So mark your calendars, head to your favorite book store, beg, borrow, (but please do not steal) a copy of Belloc's "book on the biggies." Real cheap-skates(I'm first in that line!) can even find it for free on-line. And don't scramble too fast because although we will still meet on Thursdays, we don't start until next Thursday. Looking at my wrist watch, that appears to be June 3rd.

This coming Thursday, though, I intend to follow Jack Lewis' advice and give you a short, palate-clearing reading selection. Just like we did last time. Maybe we can actually have some decent discussions now that the Skipper (ahem, Webster) is ashore on business. Just don't tell him I said that. Capice?!

If you will be joining us, sign up in the comment box below.  In the meantime, take a look and a listen to this so you can prepare your brains' "reading voice" for the sound of the character known as Mr. Belloc.  Enjoy!