Monday, January 24, 2011

One From the Road (Music for Mondays)

So my family and I are up in the Nation's Capitol. Our Lord said, Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me. It doesn't get much more "least" than unborn babies.

So after Mass yesterday, I pulled a Crazy Ivan on my wife and kids and told them we're heading to Washington D.C. for the March for Life. The idea came over me during the homily and that ended at about 1:15 PM. We shoved off by 3:30 PM.

Who would watch our puppy Cody? The Lord provided. Where would we stay? The Lord provided. Can we go to the pre-march Mass? The Lord provided (free, but you need tickets, which we have). Can you muster the chutzpah to make the 8 hour drive one-way? Can you endure the cold?

Well, like I said, we are here (in Quantico, VA now) and by 10:30 we will be at the Mass at St. Mary, Mother of God parish, after which we'll get a bite to eat and head to the rally point on the Mall.

That's all I know for now. Oh, and I woke up with this song playing in my head too. I think I'm supposed to share it with you.


Elton John, Daniel.