Friday, February 25, 2011

For Thoughts Like These on Truth, the World, and Evangelization

All truth belongs of right to Christian thought, as the spoils of the Egyptians to the Hebrews. "Whatever has been well said anywhere belongs to us who are Christians" -- because according to that saying of St. Ambrose, which St. Thomas (Aquinas) delighted to quote, "every truth, whoever said it, comes from the Holy Spirit." -Jacques Maritain

The spirit of Phariseeism never dies. -John C.H. Wu

Or you can forget what St. Ambrose, St. Thomas Aquinas, Jacques, and my friend John said. But Father Barron will back me up on this one too.



And even he can embarrass his mom as well?! I'll end this post with just one more quote, this time from the Holy Spirit,

To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I became all things to all men, that I might save all. (1 Corinthians 9:22)