Saturday, March 12, 2011

Because A Reader Asks A Question I Cannot Answer

Dear Readers: The post "God Takes Care of Little Ones with Guardian Angels" from last spring is the most widely read of all the posts on our site. Yesterday, a reader asked a question I (Allison)  have not been able to answer, despite struggling overnight with it. I'm republishing my post, along with her question in the hopes that someone with more wisdom than I can answer.

Victoria asks: I am of the "Angel of God..." generation. I still pray to my guardian angel but the idea of a guardian angel is probably the one thing in Church teaching that I have a problem with. I can accept that there are angels because they are in the bible but if they are guardians, where are/were they when little children are being sexually abused? I would really like an answer to this one.

The original post is here.