Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm the Worst Consumer of Catholic Media On the Planet (Forgive Me!)

I love Catholic Media! Especially that which is accessible via the Internet. Searching for kindred spirits is what brought me to the world of blogging in the first place. But honestly, I don't have enough time to enjoy as much Catholic Media as I would like. After all, if I just consumed Catholic Media, I would never create any for you to consume.

Look at what time I am posting this, for example. It is almost 2130, which is 9:30 PM for all you civilians out there.

My excuse is the same one it has always been: I'm a Catholic, a husband, a dad, an employee, and THEN I am a Catholic blogger too. Sometimes, after all of that, I even get to eat and sleep. Did I mention that I just got home from my oldest son's baseball double-header? Actually, it's something of a miracle that I get to post anything at all.

But since it is Catholic Media Promotion Day, I'll first thank everyone who chose Why I Am Catholic as one of your favorites. Thank you kindly! Sure, it's presumptuous to assume anyone did actually chose us as one of their favorites, but you never know. It just might have happened.

Listen! I even lent my voice to this promo clip! See if you can pick out my voice.

As always, let me be frank (pun, very much intended) with you even further in stating that there is no way in hell that I have the time to listen to podcasts, or even to download them. Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent! But here are my favorite sites and blogs that I use or actually read pretty much on a daily basis. And yeah, I'm breaking the rules and sharing more than three. Oops!

Universalis, the LOTH

The Deacon's Bench, Deacon Greg Kandra

Catholic and Enjoying It, Mark Shea

Chronicles of Atlantis, Athos

BadCatholic, Marc Barnes (aka, "The Kid")

Happy Catholic, Julie Davis

The Anchoress, Elizabeth Scalia

New Advent

Patheos Catholic Portal

CatholicJukebox.com

and would you believe,

the YIMCatholic Bookshelf? I'm always using that resource.

Now, I need a beer and to go to bed...Pax!