Monday, May 2, 2011

To Pray For the Victory Over Terrorism

Surely I'm not the only one to notice that on Divine Mercy Sunday, May 1, 2011, Blessed Pope John Paull II was beatified and Osama Bin Laden was killed. Is it a miracle? Is it a coincidence? I have no idea.

Perhaps it was a miracle, the first one since our late Pope was officially recognized as a saint. I don't know the answer. Here is how I feel about the news of Bin Laden's death though,

I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.

Mark Twain gets the credit for that quote. And though I'm not doing cartwheels and high-fives to everyone I meet today over Bin Laden's death, I am hoping that this is the beginning of the end of the War on Terror.

If it's too early to call today V-T (Victory over Terrorism) Day, then my prayer is that the events yesterday are a major victory on the campaign to achieve V-T Day very, very soon. The fact that it coincides with Divine Mercy Sunday and the beatification of a peace loving Pope give me hope that this is the case.

Blessed Pope John Paul II, pray for us!