Monday, June 27, 2011

Mish Mash Rock (Music for Monday's)

How's your upcoming week looking? I'm trying to keep calm. Here's how I don't want to feel like come Friday.



Of course, there are no guarantees that it won't end up like that, but I like starting the week off with a laugh. "Take that, high anxiety!" And I like to start the week off with some tunes as well. They're from all over the spectrum. A true mish mash assortment, for sure.

Maybe you'll like a few of 'em.

The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends. 'Nuff said?




Eric Clapton, I Shot the Sheriff. Seriously. At least I didn't shoot the deputy. As for the sheriff, I just did what had to be done.



Real Life, Send Me An Angel. This always makes me think of Star Trek. I don't think that was the artist's intent, but that's the breaks.



The Knack, My Sharona. Took the family to see Super-8 at the movies this past weekend. Left the theater with this earworm in my head. Sorry!



Foo Fighters, Learn to Fly. Dave Grohl is a gifted musician and songwriter. Listen to the lyrics of this song. Regardless of the reason why he wrote it, what he thinks he's sayin', this answers reasons YIMCatholic.



Carlos Santana, Evil Ways. I dedicated this song to a friend this morning. She is so Evil! How evil is she? As evil as me. How evil is that? Gotta change.



John Cougar Mellencamp, Pink Houses. I saw this in the news today. While reading that, this song popped into my head.



Echo & The Bunnymen, The Cutter. I heard this on the radio earlier this week. It's been a million years since I heard this! Spare us the cutter, indeed.