Friday, June 24, 2011

So There I Was Driving Home...


from work. Glad the week was over. Looking forward to a busy weekend (a birthday, weeding, cutting the grass, preparing to send a child to camp, etc.) It's been a busy week, both at work and here on the blog. Lots of news to digest.

But maybe it doesn't need to be digested. Oops, lookie there. My little yellow fuel tank light just went off. Looks like I need to stop in at the gas station. Ease up on the throttle and set the cruise control to double-nickels.

Slow-lane time. Hey, how about some tunes? Nah, I don't want to listen to Matt Maher. I did that on the way into the city. What's on the radio? Do you think the Holy Spirit works through the radio? With God, you know, anything is possible. Here's what came on,

Foo Fighters, My Hero. This band is led by the former drummer of Nirvana, Dave Grohl. Dave can play every instrument, and did so on his first solo album after Kurt Cobain committed suicide. What event do you think this song made me think of?



Guess what came on next? I kid you not. Dig the background color.

Duran Duran, Hungry Like the Wolf.



And then I said a quick prayer, stopped for gasoline, and continued on home.