Sunday, October 2, 2011

Breaking: Minor Miracle(s) at Casa del Weathers


So there I was, just reading the morning paper after breakfast while sipping a cup of coffee when my daughter and my youngest son came tumbling down the stairs to share with me some miraculous news. My daughter's report went something like this:

"Dad, the most amazing thing happened! I was reading the Bible in my room (extends her right hand clutching the Bible above), and Mom popped into my room with a messenger bag(?) from a trip we took like 3 years ago and guess what we found inside?"

What Sweet Pea?

"My Pokemon Sapphire game!" Bubbling over with excitement and extends her left hand showing me the precious game chip.

So you think that reading the Bible this morning and this find were related?

"Well, yeah!" she says in the manner that I usually hear the expression "duh" in instead of "yeah." Does that make sense, dear reader? Anyway,

Well hey darlin', that's neat! What book and chapter were you reading?

"Well, I started in Sirach reading about what happens to liars and stuff (see Sirach 28:13-15). Then I was reading about Noah and the Ark in Genesis."

Really? Wow...a miracle it is then! See? Like I've always said, reading the Bible is a very good thing. You know, I was just telling your little brother about what St. James writes about the trouble our tongues can get us into too. Keep reading darlin'!

And then I put away the paper and got ready to witness another miracle at Mass, where I thanked God for these minor miracles too.