Saturday, February 20, 2010

Confession: Thanks to Gloria.TV and Archbishop Sheen

Readers of this blog know how much we have been discussing the Sacrament of Reconciliation here lately.  Webster started it the day before St. Valentine’s Day. He followed it up with this post the day after Valentine’s Day and a poll that drew over 250 votes. I threw in this post on Scriptural references to the Sacrament and Webster wrapped the discussion up with the thought that we can’t help ourselves.

Prior to these posts, I had a little fun juxtaposing pop singer Seal with some thoughts from Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. Completely speculative on my part (for sure) to try making sense of Seal’s lyrics and Sheen’s thoughts. But I ask you, where else but at YIM Catholic would you ever have seen these two linked in a post? Sheeeeesh!

After returning from my daughter’s Girl Scout Thinking Day event, I was pleasantly surprised to see a video of Bishop Sheen speaking on Confession in a post by Padre Steve at his blog Da Mihi Animas. Bishop Sheen’s video is below.  But look at what other treasures there are over at Gloria.tv as well. Music clips, news clips, tons more Bishop Sheen clips, marriage tips, etc. It’s almost like a Hulu for Catholics!

I couldn't keep this resource to myself, but felt compelled to share it with you all. Want a search string on Confession? They have it. I hope you enjoy this and bookmark Gloria.tv for Catholic programming available on your schedule.  They have over 306 pages of programming so far, and hopefully more in the pipeline. Here is Archbishop Sheen on Confession:



A hearty Bravo Zulu (well done) and thank you to Padre Steve!