Sunday, November 14, 2010

To Dedicate this Song to the Memory of the Martyrs of Baghdad

I remember listening to America's Top Forty with Casey Kasum while I was growing up, do you? While I was fooling around at You Tube preparing for the MfM music post, I replayed the beautiful Hail Mary prayer that is in Arabic that I posted on Friday. I soon realized that there is a ton of Christian music in Arabic posted over there.

So like the people who used to call in to Casey (who is of Lebanese Druze family heritage), and to Wolfman Jack (and other disc-jockeys too), I would like to dedicate this song to my brothers and sisters at Our Lady of Salvation in Baghdad Iraq.

Peace Be Upon You Mary. This is in Arabic, though I've translated the title (Assalamou Alayki Ya Maryam) into English. I don't kid myself that I understand Arabic fluently, but I know what the first line means and this sounds beautiful nonetheless.

After listening, click on the title here and you will be transported to You Tube where video after video of other Christian hymns and songs in Arabic can be found.

Yes, as Webster once wrote, the Holy Spirit is definitely on-line (and so is the Body of Christ).



And I'll dedicate this one too (let's pretend it's "Two for Tuesday").

Pax Christi.