Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Time For Winter To Go!(Music for Mondays)

Remember this picture? That's Dr. Van Helsing putting a stake through the heart of Dracula's lady friend, Lucy. Pretend it's me putting a stake through the heart of Winter. Enough already!

Sure, our readers who live in the tropics are wondering what the fuss is all about, but for us in the Northern Hemisphere? Let's just say that this has been a long, cold winter. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to bid it adieu.

Since I have no control over the planets' climate, here are a few songs that make me think of warmer places. Maybe you'll feel the same way.

Everclear, Santa Monica. I don't need it to be endless summer, but hangin' in Santa Monica would do wonders for my mindset right now. I wouldn't even think the water is cold.



Sheryl Crow, All I Wanna Do. Speaking of Santa Monica...Los Angeles on my mind? Something like that! Sun would equal fun right about now. Besides, I hear the Dodgers are playing the Angels today...Go Dodgers!



Van Halen, Panama. Sounds like Van Helsing! I don't know much, but I know it's warm in Panama. Gimme us some heat! Oh, and I hear David Lee Roth is joining the band again...



Dick Dale and Stevie Ray Vaughn, Pipeline. Somehow I found a way to squeeze some SRV in here. A guitar duel with Dick Dale, who wrote this tune and made it famous. From the movie soundtrack of Back to the Beach. Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello, etc. Warmth!



Depeche Mode, Route 66. I don't care how much gas costs, or how long it would take. Because this road winds through all kinds of warm places, especially compared to Chicago (where it starts).



Jimmy Buffet, Cheeseburger in Paradise. Remember when you could use your grill? You'll be able to soon. Have faith!



Bob Marley, Jammin'. Back when I was stationed in Malaysia, where it's warm all the time (unless you go to the Highlands), we played this song a lot. Nothing like reggae to help you leave wintertime behind.



There, that's a little better, isn't it? Hopefully it will be Spring where you live next week.