Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For the Verses on the YIMCatholic Bookshelf Icon



Patricia Cornell, proprietor of St. Theodosia's Icon Shop writes,

The Pantocrator on your website is one of my favorites! The text in the Book Jesus is holding is a combination of two Biblical texts on "judge not lest you be judged in the same way" (my paraphrase). It is one of my favorites and I handcraft this image, as well.

In Christ,

Patricia


Thanks Patricia! Actually, when Christ holds an open book, this is a variant of the Pantocrator and is called "Christ the Teacher." I went to the link she provided to see her work and found the following information on the scripture verses on the icon(which whisks readers to the treasures contained on the YIMCatholic Bookshelf in the right sidebar),

John 7:24--"Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgement." Matthew 7:2--"For with the judgement you pronounce, you will be judged and the measure you give will be the measure you get."

I knew I liked it for multiple reasons!